Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy birthday, America.


Today was Fourth of July, and it's one of my favorite holidays. As difficult as the summer is here in the desert, I do look forward to the barbecues with friends and family. Usually they are hosted at my moms or brothers.. But one year I hope to throw a very 1950s themes BBQ. Minus the jello- molds please. 

I woke up early this morning and made very patriotic pancakes. I'd like to point out that these are the best strawberries I have EVER had. They were so sweet, that when I open my fridge it just smells like delicious berries. 

Afterwards I did a little thrifting. I did not find any vintage, but I did find a few cute items. I wore the dress as soon as I got it, and plan on wearing the skirt and sweater tomorrow. I saw the sweater and snatched it up... I've been so obsessed with that color lately. 
We went to my brothers for his BBQ. Usually I bring some kind of fancy french dessert, but they just needed me to bring ice. Which strangely enough the individually packed ice from Bevmo was a huge hit? *shrug* 
Oh!  My chicken looked like a giraffe and I did not eat it. Cute little thing. 
Oh, one last note. I really enjoyed spending the day with all the people closest to me. It's easy to get annoyed with people you see each and every day, but when it comes down to it, I don't think I would of chosen a better family then the one I have, and better friends who are just as close as family to have as well.  I don't want to get all cliche on you, but life is short.. so, enjoy the time with your loved ones and really take in every moment. I just wanted to add that.

No comments:

Post a Comment