Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm on a mission.


I am on a mission to find a soft, chiffon petticoat. I don't really care for the scratchy tulle petticoats, but that seems to be the most affordable kind to find. 
Petticoats really make a circle skirt, or A-line dress look right. Without one, you tend to have a lot of extra fabric just sitting on your hips. That's why I want a nice chiffon one! Oh, and I found it. 
Yesterday, I went to the Brass Armadillo in Phoenix and searched everywhere for one. I searched like 30 minutes and finally came upon a creepy mannequin with a puffy skirt. I looked under (yes, this gets many looks from other customers when you are lifting up a mannequins skirt..) and found the softest chiffon petticoat at the correct length!  YES! It didn't have a price tag so I went up to the cashier and asked for help. They said they would call the booth owner and come find me when they receive a price from her.
I waited an hour. I looked at everything. They finally found me and told me...it's not for sale. I was SO SAD. I looked everywhere for another one and came across a red tulle petticoat and said "I guess this will do." Again, no price tag.. 
Another 30 minutes.
NOT FOR SALE.
Why am I in a a store where nothing is for sale?
I left empty handed.



No comments:

Post a Comment